Tuesday, February 19th (2:30 pm) to Sunday, March 10 2019 (8:00 pm)
Welcome to Colfax’s annual Read-A-Thon. The fun begins Tuesday, February 19th at 2:30 pm and runs through Sunday, March 10th at 8 pm. The website will stop taking submissions at 8 pm on Sunday night and all paper copies are due on Monday morning, March 11th. All students are encouraged to participate!
This school-wide event is designed to foster and develop our students’ reading and love of books. Students can win individual and classroom prizes for the most minutes read during the Read-A-Thon. Students get sponsors for the number of minutes read (or a flat dollar amount) and raise money to benefit our enrichment and other academic programs.
· Kids are encouraged to read as much as they possibly can during this three week period.
· The top readers of each class, top class in the school and the top three individual readers of the whole school will receive special recognition. Every participant will receive a special Read-A-Thon bookmark and those reaching the 1,000 minute club (TK/K minutes modified) will receive recognition also.
SIGN UP YOUR READER here
· Each time your child reads for the Read-A-Thon, select READING LOG.
· For each book, enter the date the book was read, book title, # of pages and # of minutes read.
· The website provides you running totals of each child’s reading progress
SPONSOR a Reader NOW.
We are using the Get Movin’ system to log sponsorships of Read-A-Thon minutes! Create your student(s) shareable fundraising page here: www.getmovinfundraising.com and share with friends/family. Check out the classroom leaderboard in addition to your personal goal/total.
So get reading, and have FUN!
Leads: Sarah HuYoung and Erin Horowitz